Marketing Day: FTC complaint against YouTube, Facebook ad transparency & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Programmatic is an amazing tool for branding. Here’s how to use it.
Apr 9, 2018 by Grace Kaye
If you’ve been reserving programmatic display for your performance campaigns, contributor Grace Kaye encourages you to expand your horizons.
- How Salesforce and Demandbase are handling GDPR for B2B
Apr 9, 2018 by Barry Levine
Salesforce is embracing it across its platform, while Demandbase is only committing to internal tools and possibly the IAB framework for EU citizens.
- How the acceleration of AI will drive digital transformation: Automation and personalization
Apr 9, 2018 by Jim Yu
Contributor Jim Yu explains how artificial intelligence will be woven into the modern marketing organization.
- 10 great reasons to attend SMX Advanced
Apr 9, 2018 by Marketing Land
The search marketing profession is defined by change. Tactics that work today are outdated next quarter. Platforms launch while others sunset. Pillars of the industry crumble in the blink of an eye. Serious search marketers know that in order to be the best versions of themselves, the smartest and most capable, they need to train.
- Consumer groups file FTC complaint against YouTube for collecting kids’ personal data without parental consent
Apr 9, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Twenty-three consumer watchdog groups say Google is not making any effort to comply with COPPA.
- AppNexus gives up MRC accreditations
Apr 9, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Deciding instead to piggyback on their partners’ accreditation, the ad tech firm has lost accreditation for all metrics and has withdrawn from the process.
- Survey: Chasm exists between brands and consumers on data privacy
Apr 8, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Forrester report finds growing consumer concern but “cavalier attitude” about data protection among brands surveyed.
- Facebook to require authorization and labeling on all political and ‘issue’ ads, verification of large Pages and more
Apr 6, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The company also plans to roll out tools that let users see who is advertising on a Page and search through all the political ads running on the platform.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Time for brands to take customer data personally
Apr 9, 2018 by Nina Caruso
As consumers and regulators increase scrutiny around data, contributor Nina Caruso says there’s an opportunity to adopt a customer-centric approach to privacy while providing personalized experiences.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ways to Write More Engaging Marketing Copy, MarketingProfs
- Amazon spent nearly $23 billion on R&D last year, Recode
- As Mark Zuckerberg Prepares to Testify, Here’s How Washington Could Regulate Silicon Valley, Wall Street Journal
- Build better media plans on YouTube and across the web with Reach Planner, Inside AdWords
- Global App Store Records Shattered Yet Again in Q1 2018, App Annie
- How Digitally Native Brands Succeed On Programmatic, AdExchanger
- Inside the Local News Subscriptions Accelerator: Recap from the NYC Kickoff, Facebook Media
- Is the ad fraud problem really getting better? New research suggests not, Econsultancy
- LinkedIn Video in 2018, The Savvy Marketers Guide, Ignite Visibility
- The Future of Customer Experience Is AI: Are You Ready?, CMS Wire
The post Marketing Day: FTC complaint against YouTube, Facebook ad transparency & more appeared first on Marketing Land.